Healthy Baked Roast Chicken
1 chicken (2kg)
1 red onion, chopped into small pieces
1 tbs fresh thyme, chopped
1 tbs fresh oregano, chopped
1 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tbs garlic (crashed)
1 tbs ginger, chopped into small pieces
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1. Separate the chicken skin from the flesh without removing it (use your fingers).
2. Mix spices and herbs. Place the spices/herbs mixture between the flesh and the skin.
3. Cover with a non stick baking paper and then with aluminum foil. Keep it in the fridge for at least 3 hours or better overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 200ºC. Place a wire rack in an oven pan and on top of the wire rack place the chicken.
5. Cover the pan with a baking paper and then with aluminum foil and cook for 1½ hours.