Thanks to my father, in my garden I have a lot of organic vegetables and fruits. Strawberries are one of those.
Because of Easter I thought of creating a light dessert that would follow the rich Easter lunch. A strawberry mousse seemed ideal, but again I did not want to use any raw eggs, sugar or a lot of fresh cream. As I always do I opened the refrigerator and I saw yogurt, an ingredient that I use almost everywhere, and then I opened my kitchen food cupboard and there were the gelatin and fructose sugar.
In my mind the strawberry mousse was almost ready. The only trouble was the quantity of ingredients that I should use in order to achieve the best result.
What I did was to taste each step before I moved on to the next one. At the beginning I added to the strawberries only ½ a cup of fructose sugar but then I thought that it was not enough so I added another ½ a cup. Actually this was the only adjustment I did to this dessert. The other ingredient measurements were perfect.
I thought about adding decoration to it, but then I thought that less is more so as you can see from the photos no extra calories were added to it :-).
This was one of the easiest desserts I ever made. The next time I might add some decoration to it as well. We will see…
Here is the recipe and the instructions on how to make it.
Strawberry Mousse (eggless)
300gr digestive biscuits
40gr unsalted butter
300gr fresh strawberries
350gr Greek yogurt
350gr fresh cream
1 cup fructose sugar
1 vanilla sachet
1 gelatin sachet (10gr)
50ml lukewarm water
1. In a food processor, process biscuits until fine. Add butter and process until combined.
2. Process mixture over base of a round tin (25cm round tin), and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Dissolve gelatin in lukewarm water; set aside.
4. In a food processor, process the strawberries, vanilla and fructose sugar; add the yogurt.
5. With an electric mixer beat fresh cream for a few minutes; add the strawberry mixture and gelatin. Continue mixing until well combined.
6. Pour strawberry mixture on top of the biscuit base and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.