I watched on TV a similar recipe from Jamie Oliver a few days ago. These pies are really very easy to make and they are delicious in taste. I added vanilla extract in the cream filling and I increased the baking time, since I found out that the puff pastry needed a bit more time to be baked than the original recipe.
Below you can find all the steps in making the recipe. I hope you like it…!
The recipe goes as follows:
Cream Pie with Caramel Topping, baked in oven
For the pies
425gr puff pastry (1 square sheet)
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
For the filling
1 cup of fresh milk
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp caster sugar
200ml fresh cream (1 cup)
Method of Preparation
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Lay pastry on a non stick silicone sheet.
- Sprinkle on the pastry cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll puff pastry and cut it into six equal pieces.
- Push down with your fingers each piece, and then place each one into a six cup cake pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Mix with a whisk all ingredients; then fill the baked pastry as it is in the cup cake pan.
- Bake for another 25-30 minutes.
- Set aside; allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove baked pies from cup cake pan.
- Put the sugar in a heavy-based saucepan and simmer until sugar melts without stirring; then pour the fresh cream and stir all the way until melted sugar and fresh cream are blended.
- Pour caramel on top of the baked pies and serve.