Lava Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream
250gr salted butter
200gr semi sweet chocolate
2 large eggs
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup of brown sugar
Pinch of cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 230ºC.
2. Butter and lightly flour with unsweet cocoa 6 ramekins.
3. Tap out the excess cocoa and set the ramekins on a baking sheet.
4. In a double boiler, over simmering water (or in the microwave), melt butter with chocolate and set aside.
5. In a bowl, beat the eggs, the egg yolks, and brown sugar until thickened and pale (like a cream texture).
6. Gently, with a wooden spoon, whisk in the chocolate mixture.
7. Finally, gently mix in the flour.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared ramekins and bake for 12-13 minutes (or until the sides of the cakes are firm but the centers are still soft).
9. Let the cakes cool in the ramekins for a couple of minutes.
10. Cover each with an inverted dessert plate and turn each one over.
11. Let stand for 15 seconds and then unmold.
12. Serve hot with vanilla ice cream and melted chocolate.