Homemade Gnocchi with Parmesan Cheese and Tomato Sauce!
This dish is so easy to make, not expensive at all, but it is a bit time consuming.
Homemade Gnocchi with Parmesan Cheese and Tomato Sauce
950gr potatoes, unpeeled, boiled and mashed
270gr all purpose flour
2 medium eggs
A pinch of salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Jack Daniel’s Barbeque Sauce
250gr canned tomatoes, chopped
½ cup boiled water
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
Gnocchi Preparation Method
1) Prepare a dough hook on a stand mixer. In the mixing bowl, add mashed potatoes, eggs, flour and salt. Turn on mixer on low, then increase speed till the dough forms. If you don't have a stand mixer, you can form the dough with your hands, it is very easy…
2) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and slightly dust it with flour.
3) Dust your work surface lightly with flour. Put dough on dusted surface. Use your hand to knead and shape the dough into a log.
4) Use a knife to divide the dough into pieces. Each piece should be about 3cm thick.
5) Dust your hands with flour and roll each piece of dough till it becomes long and cylindrical.
6) Use a knife to cut the long dough into small pieces, about 3cm wide. It's important to lightly dust each piece with flour so that it doesn't stick.
7) Dust a fork with flour. Press each small piece of dough gently enough, to create lines on each piece. Then place it on a baking sheet.
8) They are ready to be cooked. If you are not cooking them immediately, dust the gnocchi with flour again and shake them every 10 minutes so that they don't stick on the tray. Alternatively, put the entire baking sheet in the freezer. When the gnocchi are frozen remove from tray and store them in freezer bag.
9) Cooking Method. In a large pan boil salted water. Put in gnocchi (20 each time). They are cooked when the gnocchi come to the surface of the pan. Remove them and place them immediately in the sauce. This cooking process will take approximately 2 minutes.
Tomato Sauce Preparation Method
Add all sauce ingredients in a sauce pan, and cook in a medium heat until the liquid is reduced to half.
Sprinkle Gnocchi with grated Parmesan cheese and serve hot.
Below you can find some photos of Milan and Eros Ramazzotti!
Duomo, Sunday 17/03/2013
Live Concert at Assago Mediolanum Forum, 17/03/2013