Guilt Free Muffins
259 calories each, without the chocolate frosting
2 cups whole wheat flour
½ cup organic oats
½ cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp mixed spices
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup raisins
1 cup fresh orange juice (juice of 3 small oranges)
2 medium bananas (peeled and mashed – 140gr)
1 small pear (peeled and mashed – 70gr)
½ cup corn oil
1 medium egg
Zest of an orange
100gr dark chocolate (optional)
1) Mix all dry ingredients.
2) Mix all wet ingredients, mashed fruits, egg and orange zest.
3) With the help of a fork combine (1) and (2). Do not over mix.
4) Bake in a preheated oven at 170ºC (340ºF) for 20’ minutes. Then reduce oven temperature to 150ºC (300ºF) and continue baking for another 8’ - 10’ minutes.
5) Allow to cool completely.
* You can frost the muffins with dark chocolate (70% cocoa).