Another delicious, guilt free dessert! It was made with simple ingredients that give maximum taste...
You can keep it in the fridge for up to one week!
Bitter Double Chocolate Tart (low in calories)
13 Digestive Biscuits (light)
1/3 cup organic oatmeal
1/3 cup organic oats
2 tbsp vegetable butter (melted)
2 tbsp warm water
2¼ cups light milk (1.5% fat)
1 cup water
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup mountain honey
1 tsp pure vanilla essence
10gr gelatin (1 sachet)
1/3 cup cold water
1/3 cup hot water
60gr dark chocolate (74% cocoa)
½ tsp ground cinnamon
Crust Preparation Method
1) Process biscuits until fine. Add oatmeal, oats, melted butter and water. Process until combined.
2) Press mixture over base of a 26cm round tart pan, and bake for 15’ minutes at 170ºC. Allow to cool.
Filling Preparation Method
1) Sprinkle gelatin over the cold water and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Then add the hot water and allow gelatin to fully dissolve.
2) In a deep saucepan mix the milk, water, cocoa powder, cornstarch and honey. Turn the heat on to medium and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil, about 10 minutes. Stir in the dissolved gelatin.
3) Remove from the heat. Add the chocolate and stir until melted. Stir in the vanilla and ground cinnamon. Pour the mixture into the tart crust and let set overnight in the refrigerator.