Light Cheesecake with Anari Cheese
As you all know by now I am in a diet for the last three months. How do I feel? What did I achieve up to know? Well, allow me to keep this just for me… I am not ready to talk about this for the moment and I am not sure whether I will be in the future, but from what I realized up to now is that no one can lose weight without sacrifices. I love food, I enjoy food in all its forms and the thought of just having something to survive does not sound good to me. Actually it sounds pathetic to me. Let’s hope that I will manage to reach my goal…
My dietitian, Mr. Ioannis Kerimis, makes his best to help me achieving my goal. In general we negotiate, and finally we agree to what I should eat, but I have to admit that actually he sets the menu. Few weeks ago he asked me to prepare a recipe that he could post in his site, so I decided to try a lighter version of cheesecake.
I used a Cypriot unsalted cheese called Anari and I tried to reduce calories down to the minimum. My dietitian was very pleased with the result, and he said that he prefers this cheesecake version to the original one. I like both, but I have to admit that I truly love the baked New York Cheesecake version, with the 1000 calories per piece :-).
Light Cheesecake Recipe
270 Calories per piece
150gr (13) light digestive biscuits
25gr (1/3 cup) organic oats
30gr (2 tbsp) vegetable butter (melted)
2/3 cup cold water
2/3 cup hot water
20gr gelatin powder (2 sachets)
475gr fresh unsalted Anari cheese
200gr Greek yogurt (2% fat or 0% fat)
110gr (2/3 cup) light milk (1.5% fat)
100gr (2/3 cup) fructose sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
Base Preparation Method
1) Process biscuits until fine. Add oats and melted butter. Process until combined.
2) Press mixture over base of a 24cm pan, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Filling Preparation Method
1) Sprinkle gelatin over the cold water and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Then add the hot water and allow gelatin to fully dissolve.
2) Beat Anari cheese, yogurt, milk, fructose sugar and vanilla essence for 10 minutes, or until you get a smooth light mixture.
3) Add dissolved gelatin and beat mixture for 2 more minutes.
4) Pour filling mixture over pan; refrigerate over night.
5) Serve plain or with fruits, sugar free jam, nuts or dusted unsweetened cocoa powder.