Flip Flops for Lien (Birthday Cake)
On Saturday, the 27th of August 2011, Lien Dong will celebrate her 23rd birthday. As I promised in an earlier post, this year I was going to choose a summer theme for her birthday. Well, this is one of the two birthday cakes, Lien is going to have this year. The other one is a Mermaid birthday cake.
She helped me to make and decorate the 2nd cake, without knowing that this cake was for her too. She was asking me how old is the girl and she was saying that the girl will be thrilled when she will see it. She only found out that it was for her when I wrote her name on the cake.
Actually, she was right, the girl was thrilled... :-)!!!
Below you will be able to find the recipe for the cake. I am so sorry I forgot to take photos of the making process. I only took a photo from the cake just before I baked it.
Vanilla and Strawberry Cake
100gr unsalted butter170gr caster sugar
2 medium eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder150ml evaporated milk
80gr Greek yogurt
2 tablespoon water
8 teaspoons strawberry jam
1) Beat all ingredients in an electric mixer. Do not over mix.
2) Spray Wilton's Non Stick-Spray to a rectangular pan (15cm x 20cm); then pour mixture.
2) With the help of two teaspoons trop the strawberry jam on top of the batter just before baking.
3) Bake in a preheated oven, at 170ºC, for 35’ minutes. Then reduce oven temperature to 150ºC and continue baking for another 10’ minutes.
4) Allow to cool for 10’ minutes before you remove the cake from the pan to a wire rack to cool.
5) Then improvise :-)!!!!
I promise that I will give you more details about the Mermaid Birthday Cake in the near future.
Happy Birthday Lien!!