Biscuit Flower Pots filled with Chocolate Cream (Video included)
One of my kids loves truffles or “troufes” as we call them in Greek. The ingredients that I normally use to make those truffles are the same as the Flower Pots Ingredients in this recipe.
Few days ago my son wanted me to make troufes for him, so I thought that I could experiment with a new dessert, and both my son and I could be happy with the results (if everything went fine, that is…).
The end result is what you can see in this post. Not only my son, but all the family was pleased with the Biscuit Flower Pots. You can try making these pots with your kids. It is an easy process that will make them creative and happy at the same time.
Good luck with your attempt…
Biscuit Flower Pots filled with Chocolate Cream
Makes 16 Flower Pots
Flower Pots Ingredients
300gr Morning Coffee biscuits (or Petit Beurre biscuits)
100gr raw almonds
100gr powder sugar
100gr Cadbury Cocoa Powder
½ cup of fresh milk
25gr unsalted butter
1 tablespoon brandy
16 small silicone cups
Flower Pots Preparation Method
1) In a food processor, process biscuits until fine; then repeat the same process with the almonds.
2) Add butter to the milk and heat it in the microwave until the butter is completely melted. Allow to cool and add the brandy.
3) In a big bowl combine all ingredients and mix until well blended. (It will be a sticky mixture.)
4) With the help of a teaspoon cover the interior sides of the silicone cups.
5) Refrigerate for at least an hour. Then remove the mixture from the silicone cups and lay the biscuit cups onto a tray. Return them to the refrigerator until the chocolate cream will be ready.
Chocolate Cream Ingredients
120gr Candy Minis (or any other milk chocolate)
50gr dark cooking chocolate
½ cup fresh cream
1 cup fresh milk
1 tablespoon corn flour
Chocolate Cream Preparation Method
1) Cut the candy minis and dark chocolate into small pieces; add the fresh cream.
2) Melt them in the microwave at high temperature for 1 minute. Stir with a spatula until well combined.
3) In a casserole put the fresh milk and dissolve in it the corn flour; add the chocolate mixture and cook in medium heat until the chocolate cream starts to bubble. Do not forget to stir constantly.
4) Cover the cream with clean film and allow to cool completely.
5) Refrigerate for 1 hour; with the help of a hand whisk beat the cream until it forms a smooth texture.
Flower Pot Final Preparation
You will need:
- 2 teaspoons, or
- a Wilton decorating bag with Wilton tip No. 195
- Wilton Sprinkles
With the help of two teaspoons or the decorating bag, fill the biscuit pots with the chocolate cream and then decorate them with the sprinkles.
You can serve them immediately or refrigerate them for later. Since there is no egg in the recipe they last for at least a week.