I am sure you all know what a chocolate chip cookie is. I am almost certain that most of you tried to make some of these cookies at least, one time in your life. The only reason I posted this recipe is because my husband and kids never have enough of these cookies, so I thought, that this is a good opportunity to share my recipe with all of you. Try it. I am sure you will love them. For those who are on a diet I have to be honest... Making this recipe is not a good idea :-)!!!
Makes about 30 cookies
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
250gr unsalted butter at room temperature (I used kerrygold butter)
1/3 cup light-brown sugar (or dark brown sugar)
1½ cups caster sugar
1/3 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoon vanilla extract (or vanilla essence)
2 medium eggs
1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup milk chocolate chips
1) Preheat the oven to 175ºC (350ºF).
2) In an electric mixer combine together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. (Use the paddle attachment)
3) Add the salt, vanilla and eggs; beat until well mixed.
4) Whisk together the flour, baking soda and baking powder and add to the butter mixture; mix until just combined.
5) Stir in the chocolate chips.
6) With the help of a spoon, form balls of dough. Place the dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 5-6cm apart.
7) Bake for about 10-11 minutes, or until they become golden around the edges.
8) Allow 2-3 minutes to cool and then transfer, with the help of a spatula, on a wire rack. Let to cool completely.
9) Store them in an airtight container. Do not freeze.