According to my taste this is a delicious casserole meal. According to my father's opinion, this is just something to fill in stomach. I think its worth trying it…
Here are the ingredients and the method of preparation:
3. 5 sticks of celery, chopped
4. 2 large onions, finely chopped
5. 1 cup tomato juice
6. ½ a cup of hot water
7. Salt & pepper to taste
8. Greek Olive oil for frying
9. 1 tsp lemon juice
- To prepare cut the ends of kolokassi and peel the skin.
- With a wet towel clean it. Never wash kolokasi with running water.
- With a sharp knife, cut across (2 cm thick) halfway then break off. Repeat to the end. Note: if slices are cut all the way across without breaking off, the vegetable will melt while cooking.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and brown the meat (8 -10 minutes).
- Transfer onto a dish.
- Gently fry onion in olive oil until soft then add the kolokassi and celery.
- Fry all together for 5 - 10 minutes or until they start to change colour.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Pour the tomato juice and hot water into the saucepan.
- Add the pork cubes and season well. Ensure the food is covered in liquid (if not add some more hot water). Cover and simmer for 1-1 ½ hours until the liquid is reduced, and the meat and kolokassi becomes tender. Serve hot.
You can serve kolokassi with radishes and Greek salad.
You can also cook kolokassi with koupepia.
My grandmother, Eftychia, always cooked these two dishes together, and believe me, it was delicious!!!!
"This recipe goes to Antonella, of Il Lupo Selvatico, who will be featuring it in Mediterranea, representing Cyprus."
Dream of Cakes
ΑΦΗΣΤΕ ΤΟ ΣΧΟΛΙΟ ΣΑΣ ΚΑΙ ΜΠΕΙΤΕ ΣΕ ΚΛΗΡΩΣΗ ΓΙΑ ΤΟ ΒΙΒΛΙΟ! ------------------------------------- Η συμπατριώτισσα μας και φίλη μου...
This is a Guest Post from Lien. It is her birthday cake, that was dedicated from her to her husband, Hong! Happy Birthday Lien!! ...
This cake was made for Demetris, an adorable two year old boy! I hope he likes it. His mother told me that he likes Mickey Mouse very much!...
Koupes can be a starter, a main dish or a side dish. When I was little koupes was a street food, but nowadays koupes are usually a treat we ...
There are many cake lovers, makers, bakers and even eaters in the growing community of sweets, each with his own style and technique. I find...
A few days ago Michal invited me to write a guest post for her blog. I was so excited for this invitation because Michal is excellent in ev...
- Why do the biggest percentage of people who are on diets fail to reach their target weight? - Why do people who reach their targe...
This birthday Cake was made for a 6 year old boy called Andreas. Happy Birthday Andrea!! ---------------------------------- The i...
Halloumi cheese has its origin in Cyprus, my country. My grandmother used to make halloumi when I was a little kid and I remember myself wat...
This birthday cake was made for Paris, a two year old adorable boy, who celebrated his second birthday yesterday. His mum, my friend Alexia...