This recipe is dedicated to my friend Carolina from Chile.
2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate
1 cup of unsalted butter
½ cup of granulated sugar
5 egg yolks
2 tablespoons of orange liqueur or brandy
1 tablespoon of plain flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to moderate (180ºc fan forced).
2. Grease 15cm square cake pan; line base with paper.
3. In a bowl put the chocolate, butter and sugar. Melt them in bain-marie. Leave to cool a bit, and then stir in the liqueur or brandy.
4. Beat lightly the 5 egg yolks and then add the sugar and vanilla extract.
5. Then Combine the chocolate mixture and the egg yolk mixture.
6. Spread mixture into pan; bake for 25-30 minutes in bain-marie*.
7. Stand cake 15 minutes; turn top-side up, onto a flat plate.
8. Serve with vanilla ice-cream, fruits, plain or cover with icing sugar.
* Bain-Marie technique used in the oven
Place cake pan in a deep square dish and set the dish on your oven rack. Fill the dish halfway with boiling water and then cook the whole dish in the oven.
Dream of Cakes
ΑΦΗΣΤΕ ΤΟ ΣΧΟΛΙΟ ΣΑΣ ΚΑΙ ΜΠΕΙΤΕ ΣΕ ΚΛΗΡΩΣΗ ΓΙΑ ΤΟ ΒΙΒΛΙΟ! ------------------------------------- Η συμπατριώτισσα μας και φίλη μου...
This is a Guest Post from Lien. It is her birthday cake, that was dedicated from her to her husband, Hong! Happy Birthday Lien!! ...
This cake was made for Demetris, an adorable two year old boy! I hope he likes it. His mother told me that he likes Mickey Mouse very much!...
Koupes can be a starter, a main dish or a side dish. When I was little koupes was a street food, but nowadays koupes are usually a treat we ...
There are many cake lovers, makers, bakers and even eaters in the growing community of sweets, each with his own style and technique. I find...
A few days ago Michal invited me to write a guest post for her blog. I was so excited for this invitation because Michal is excellent in ev...
- Why do the biggest percentage of people who are on diets fail to reach their target weight? - Why do people who reach their targe...
This birthday Cake was made for a 6 year old boy called Andreas. Happy Birthday Andrea!! ---------------------------------- The i...
Halloumi cheese has its origin in Cyprus, my country. My grandmother used to make halloumi when I was a little kid and I remember myself wat...
This birthday cake was made for Paris, a two year old adorable boy, who celebrated his second birthday yesterday. His mum, my friend Alexia...