Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour minutes
(Plus cooling and standing time)
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
35g cocoa powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground clove
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250g butter (chopped)
330g caster sugar
225g plain flour
150g self-raising flour
200g dark eating chocolate (chopped)
100g butter (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to moderate (180ºC/160ºC fan-forced). Grease 24cm bundt pan well.
2. Beat butter and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined between additions; stir in combined sifted flours, soda, cocoa and spices, in two batches. Then add milk and vanilla extract.
3. Spread mixture into pan; bake about 1 hour 10 minutes. Stand cake 5 minutes; turn onto wire rack to cool.
4. Stir ingredients for chocolate glaze in medium heatproof bowl over medium saucepan of simmering water until smooth. Pour glaze over cooled cake; stand 30 minutes before serving.
Dream of Cakes
ΑΦΗΣΤΕ ΤΟ ΣΧΟΛΙΟ ΣΑΣ ΚΑΙ ΜΠΕΙΤΕ ΣΕ ΚΛΗΡΩΣΗ ΓΙΑ ΤΟ ΒΙΒΛΙΟ! ------------------------------------- Η συμπατριώτισσα μας και φίλη μου...
This is a Guest Post from Lien. It is her birthday cake, that was dedicated from her to her husband, Hong! Happy Birthday Lien!! ...
This cake was made for Demetris, an adorable two year old boy! I hope he likes it. His mother told me that he likes Mickey Mouse very much!...
Koupes can be a starter, a main dish or a side dish. When I was little koupes was a street food, but nowadays koupes are usually a treat we ...
There are many cake lovers, makers, bakers and even eaters in the growing community of sweets, each with his own style and technique. I find...
A few days ago Michal invited me to write a guest post for her blog. I was so excited for this invitation because Michal is excellent in ev...
- Why do the biggest percentage of people who are on diets fail to reach their target weight? - Why do people who reach their targe...
This birthday Cake was made for a 6 year old boy called Andreas. Happy Birthday Andrea!! ---------------------------------- The i...
Halloumi cheese has its origin in Cyprus, my country. My grandmother used to make halloumi when I was a little kid and I remember myself wat...
This birthday cake was made for Paris, a two year old adorable boy, who celebrated his second birthday yesterday. His mum, my friend Alexia...